Welcome to Big Bear Bikes

Keeping you up to date all things biking in this amazing part of the country. There will be fun stuff (yey!), some serious stuff (boo!), some news, some pics and some random goings on in the world of Big Bear Bikes.

Sunday 4 September 2011

Will Downhill Racing - NDH Round 4 - 21/7/2011


After a disappointing turn of events at the BDS National Champs, I wanted to make sure I gave my next race everything I could throw at it, and what a weekend it turned out to be! As we arrived on Saturday I learnt this race also was classified as the Yorkshire champs, so double points were awarded. I had not walked the track, but as soon as made my way down the shallow gradient I soon got a feel for the slippery, wet, but fast rolling grass.  Every run felt faster and faster, with the sun drying out the grass allowing me to really hammer every corner.  I was feeling quietly confident about my race run the following day.
We returned on Sunday to find the track was soaked, and the tractors couldn’t get up the hill, so we had to push up! After a hasty tyre change I just about managed to get enough feel for the track ready for my race runs. Both went great, and I finished in 8th place of 22. Great! After ending the weekend on a high note, I can wait to hit the much feared Alwinton track at the next NDH.

No comments:

Post a Comment