Welcome to Big Bear Bikes

Keeping you up to date all things biking in this amazing part of the country. There will be fun stuff (yey!), some serious stuff (boo!), some news, some pics and some random goings on in the world of Big Bear Bikes.

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Fetish Gravity Enduro Round 1 Innerleithen

Fetish Gravity Enduro Round 1 Innerleithen race report.

Day 1 - open practice and seeding

My practice went really well. Starting at 9:00am I rode all five staged (and the horrible climbs between), so I had an idea of what lines to take for race day. The stages where a selection of DH tracks and natural, very steep stuff.  The loop was 4-5 hours long so I was very tired when finishing at 2:00pm. Then after a quick bite to eat I had to ride to the start of stage five for seeding. 
Seeding is basically a qualifying run on the last stage to place everyone in order in each category. Also everyone's seeding time is added to your overall, so everyone was riding for a good time. I did a time of 7:19 which placed me about 8th in my category, so I was very happy. The fastest time of seeding was two times Mega Avalanche winner Jerome Clementz, who posted a time of about 5 minutes. I had no chance haha.

Day 2 - race day

My start time was 9:49.80am, just after World DH Champion Tracey Moseley! So I had some nice chats about line choices before each stage. 
My race runs went really well, no falls, I hit all my lines and some good times scored. So I was very pleased. 
Sadly they messed up the timing on stage 4 and 5 so I don't really know my result, but I am guessing is was about 7th-8th in my category. Which ain't so bad!


So overall an amazing weekend with some amazing weather. I would defiantly recommend this type of racing for the experienced riders, it's soo fun but very technically and physically challenging. 

Now I'm off to do some serious physical strength training...

Cheers for reading and sorry for the poor English, I'm not the best at writing blogs lol.
Pictures will be uploaded on to Facebook soon.

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment